21st September 2017, 0:00amWe are delighted to be exhibiting at Design Source, a curated selling exhibition new for 2017, as part of Northern Design Festival.
From 3-8 November, visitors to the festival will be able to view Godfrey Syrett’s Ken stools and Harry tables, alongside products from a host of other North East design talent, in Assemblies House in Newcastle.
Take a look at further details of the festival below – we hope to see you there!
2017 Northern Design Festival programme announced
Material Matters, 3-8 November 2017
50+ designers, 9 exhibitions, 5 special events & talks, 6 venues + 1 day design symposium
Ranging from internationally renowned designers to some of the UK’s hottest emerging makers, this year’s Northern Design Festival has nine exhibitions featuring work by more than 50 designers, plus a programme of special events, tours and talks from some of the world’s leading creatives.
- Aurora - a new installation by Giles Miller Studio which specialises in the development of truly innovative surface, sculptural and architectural works including award-winning projects for Stella McCartney, the Design Museum and the V&A
- Unforsaken (Part 1) - a new exhibition by graphic artist and director Jimmy Turrell, who has produced work for Adidas, Beck, The Guardian, Miguel and the New York Times
- Daniel Schofield - a solo exhibition including new pieces by the Elle Decoration British Design Award-winner who has produced work for Benchmark, Scandium and Conran in the first five years of his practice
- New Boosbeck - furniture designed and built in collaboration with community groups from a social enterprise inspired by the iconic 1930s initiative that aimed to address unemployment through creativity
- Design Source - new for 2017, a curated selling exhibition aimed at interior design professionals and buyers looking to source the the best new furniture, product, textiles, wallpaper lighting, ceramics and jewellery from across the North of England
- Design NOW - a one day symposium featuring a stellar line-up of speakers including Anthony Burrill, Giles Miller and Sarah Hyndman
Further exhibitions and special events include an immersive exhibition of material exploration with SCIN - the UK’s largest independent materials library; Material Matters featuring work by leading alumni from Newcastle College; an architects breakfast with BoConcept; a tour of Maggie’s Centre with interior designer David Wallace and architect Diego Seisdedos, and lots more.
Find out more: www.NDesignFest.co.uk.