27th May 2014, 14:00pmRevit® building design software* is specifically built for Building Information Modelling (BIM), empowering design and construction professionals to bring ideas from concept to construction with a co-ordinated and consistent model-based approach. Revit is a single application that includes features for architectural design, MEP and structural engineering and construction.
In line with the government’s intention to require collaborative 3D BIM on its projects by 2016, we are delighted to announce we now utilize Building Information Modelling (BIM) as means to communicate and collaborate.
It is our intention to implement BIM wherever possible and our ‘best buys’ furniture and equipment is available in 3D format and BIM compliant.
Our space planning is done using 3D BIM technology in the form of Autodesk Revit software
Revit was chosen as our platform to engage in a BIM environment as the most popular platform used amongst construction design teams, including architects, structural and services engineers.
Our 3D virtual components have embedded data, compliant with COBie which can be utilized for facilities management, materials take-offs and to provide costed schedules directly linked to our proposed layouts.
We are able to work in a fully co-ordinated BIM environment and our interoperable models include a level of detail that can be fully co-ordinated with other disciplines for clash detection.
Our designers are experienced in utilizing Revit as a design platform to produce all elements of design communication in 2D and 3D to support client engagement and communication.
Benefits to our customers include-
- Increased installation efficiencies
- Reduced waste both in time and in materials due to full co-ordination in the 3D BIM world prior to manufacture, delivery and installation.
- Virtual 3 Dimensional models and walkthroughs provided for presentations and collaboration.
- Compliancy with government led BIM initiative
- Reduced risk due to greater collaboration during the design process in the virtual environment.
- Data provided for facilities management such as warrantees.